Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Taste To Quench Your Thirst...Excerpts From My Life.







EXCERPT FROM CHAPTER FOUR:
“I see a faggot sitting in a tree
F-L-A-M-I-N-G”
The whole study hall room busted out in laughter as Damien entered singing a special new song for me.
“Hey Vandon! Come here so I can give you a kiss. You know you want to,” laughed Damien.
“Damien, leave that nigga alone. You know that’s my homie’s brother,” DeAundre laughed.
“Man…how you have two brothers that are totally different. I’d hate to have a brother that’s a fag," said Maurice shaking his head.
Damien just couldn’t get enough. He had attracted other people to his bullying.
“Yo! Vee...Come over here and give me a kiss, nigga. You know you want to.”
“Damien! Be quiet unless you want me to write you a detention,” snapped Mrs. Elison as she entered the room.”
Mrs. Elison, the principal’s daughter, did nothing to alleviate the chaos. Instead of creating a tranquil environment suitable for study, she participated in gossip, taking everything back to her father who would keep a close eye out for the rumored lesbians on the basketball team.
 “Yeah! Celia and Lisa are doing stuff together,” laughed Vanessa with excitement.
“What?” asked a now excited Mrs. Elison.
“That’s just wrong. You know my dad has his eye on certain people.”
“I’m telling you, they’re together. No lie! The whole team knows they do stuff. They always stay in the locker room for long periods of time,” added an even more exuberant Vanessa.
Mrs. Elison didn’t seem to care that she was the study hall teacher, and that she was stooping to student level mischief. It seemed like the juiciness of high school life added some color to her boring job.
Each day the bullying became worse. Damien and his sidekick Maurice enjoyed picking on me constantly.
“Yo… I’m going to sit close to Vee today," said Damien with an evil smile on his face. Maurice joined him at the table right next to me. Both of them were sitting on opposite sides.
“So...Vee, why are you such a queer and your brother’s not?” asked Maurice.
“Why are you so ugly and your brother’s not?” asked Damien.
The questions kept coming as other people in the room snickered hearing and not defending. I was so nervous. I couldn’t defend myself. I just couldn’t believe I had to go through this. Why couldn’t I just tell Damien and Maurice off?  The truth was, I was too intimidated. I was intimidated at the thought of confrontation. Scared that Mrs. Elison would write me a detention, even though she sat ignoring them harassing me. 


EXCERPT FROM CHAPTER FIVE
However, on one particular day I was met with something that got my skin crawling. It was a regular day, as I usually called it. Nothing out of the ordinary, just going through the motions as usual. Then it happened. A feeling that is hard to describe unless you’ve been in a similar situation. As I squatted to reach for a book in my locker, I felt some ones hand come up from behind wiggling and rubbing their fingers right on my privates. I quickly turned to see who had done it. However, they had disappeared among the crowded hallway. I felt violated. Like someone had just invaded my space. I was extremely disturbed and wanted to know who was doing this, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment